Given the forecast freeze-up headed off to a small reservoir to see if the roach were willing to feed before the local still waters get frozen over. Tough going and with a cold wind it took this pound plus hybrid to warm things up with just a handful of skimmers and small roach as back up.
Last two hours on the nearby river, the dace were a long way down the trot and again only took a handful and one chublet that fell off. Switched over to the pike and a satisfying 4 fish in the last hour, all on half sardine down the edge with three other missed takes.
The biggest was very plump and probably 9ish. They all were leeched up.
Mat and net froze as I packed everything away.